The following personal information is collected when you visit our site:
- Certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
- Information about the individual web pages or products that you view as you view our site, including what websites or search terms referred you to our site, and information about how you interact with our site.
We collect Device Information using the following:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase (or attempt to make a purchase) through our site, we collect the following information about you:
- your name
- billing address
- shipping address
- payment information (including credit card numbers)
- email address
- phone number.
We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Use Of Your Personal Information
Additionally, we use the order information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services when in line with the preferences you shared with us.
The Device Information collected helps us to screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
How do you give your consent? When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, it is implied that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, for example marketing purposes, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to decline.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use the Information as described above.
We use Shopify to power our online store. Read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Google Analytics helps us understand how our customers use our site. Read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Also, we may share your personal information to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Behavioural Advertising And Targeting
As described above, we use your personal information to provide targeted advertisements/marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by heading to any of these links:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
You can also opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
We do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a Canadian resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you. You can ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the information provided below.
If you are a Canadian resident, please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
When you place an order through our site, we will maintain the order information for our records unless you ask us to delete this information.
If you have any question or would like more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at Info@maxtona.com.